Monday, January 16, 2012

Wilderness Mini-Regions

Campaign prep continues. We've broadened our horizons a bit, giving us a world with a lot of wilderness organized into small-ish (7x7 hex) regions that are basically wilderness geomorphs. The world is an eclectically magical one, so it's not a problem if you have the winter elves and their associated enemies and allies not too far from a desert full of Egyptian style gnomes (for example).

In any case, the upshot of this is that I've started developing wilderness mini-regions. Each is a more or less self contained unit that can be plopped down just about anywhere. I'll pre-assign them relative to each other as the game goes forward and we hear rumors. The players have been invited to develop their own home mini-regions using a template I've provided, so I'll be posting a few example templates over the next couple days.

These should be useful to folks beyond just my gaming group, as well. They need some tailoring for play. I have not included any secrets of the regions or pinned everything down. The first one is on its way.